A Strategic Plan: Why Now?
A Focus on Global Health
We looked externally to ensure our strategic plan aligned with global cancer priorities. We also looked inward to assess our greatest strengths and needs. We chose specific goals based on the intersection of health needs, therapeutic opportunities, our internal strengths, and alignment with key private sector and in-country partners.
A Focus on Outcomes
Our overall aim is to strengthen our ability to achieve our mission of expanding access to cancer treatment, care, and support in low- and middle-income countries. The ultimate impact of our mission will be better quality of life, survival rates, and higher cure rates for people facing cancer around the world.
Outcomes: What we’re aiming for
- More people around the world benefiting from our programs
- Additional strategic partnerships that expand our impact
- Rigorous and consistent evaluation of our programs
- Increasing the amount and diversity of our funding
- Aligning our systems, staff, and leadership with our strategic goals