Last updated: Updated on October 7, 2021
The Max Foundation follows these principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personal information than is necessary;
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed; and
Type of information we collect
We use the following information voluntarily provided to us by individuals who make a donation or sign up for a newsletter:
- Personal identifiers, including name, birth date, marital status, age, and gender
- Contact information, including mailing/home address, phone number, and email address
- Job history, including current employer
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You made a donation directly on themaxfoundation.org or at a Max-hosted event (i.e. Maximize Life Gala)
- You signed up for The Max Foundation email newsletter
- You contacted The Max Foundation
We may collect some personal data automatically, such as:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider (“ISP”) information, and browser type and language.
- Cookies, pixels, and similar technologies that collect data about your interaction with our sites, including, for example, referring webpage, pages visited on our sites, and crash data.
In addition, we may link the information we collect automatically or the information from any cookie or pixel with the information you provide in other contexts on our site (newsletters, etc.) to personalize, connect, and streamline your experience when visiting our sites.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
What we do with the information we have
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with personalized service;
- send e-mail alerts to you;
- answer your requests;
- to process your donation;
We may also use your information to track visits of our website. This lets us see which of our content is popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing the number of visitors throughout our website, for example) to outside parties.
We may share your information with outside parties in the following ways:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- With your consent or at your direction.
How we store your information
Your information may be securely processed and stored in the any of the following platforms:
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
The Max Foundation Supplementary Privacy Notice for Event Participants
This notice supplements our Privacy & Cookies Notice and describes how we collect, use, and share additional personal data when you participate in a Max event (whether as an attendee, guest, or speaker), and how to access and control this additional data. Please let us know if you have any questions about this supplemental notice.
What additional data we collect about event participants
When you register to participate in a foundation event, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, company/organization, professional title, email address, phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, and any dietary or disability-based accommodation needs. In addition, if you participate as a presenter, panelist, or facilitator at the event, we may collect your photograph and presentation materials. We may also collect feedback and evaluations about you as a presenter, panelist, or facilitator. We may also collect other optional information. We will indicate on the form which data is required. Please contact us if you have any questions about why certain data is required.
For some large events, you may have the option to download a mobile app for participant communication and information sharing. When you download the app, the app store may require the device identifier associated with your device, but neither we nor our mobile app provider will collect any personal data through the mobile app.
Travel/hotel bookings, ground transportation, and expense reimbursement
For some events and participants, we may offer to book your travel/hotel, arrange ground transportation, and reimburse certain out-of-pocket expenses. If so, we may ask you to provide your full name, gender, date of birth, home airport, airline and seat preference, frequent flyer number, global entry number, special meal needs, hotel preference, and any other travel-related needs. If booking international travel, we may ask you to provide your passport number, passport expiration date, and passport country of issuance. If arranging ground transportation, we may ask you to provide your flight arrival/departure information and mobile phone number. If reimbursing expenses, we may ask you to provide bank account number and other personal data required to transfer funds to you.
Event photography and audio video recordings
We frequently take photos and record audio and/or video in public areas of our events. If so, we may make and store photographs containing your likeness and recordings of your voice and likeness. We may associate your image and the sound of your voice with your name if you are identified during the recording or identify yourself by name.
How we use this additional data
We may use this information to register you to attend the event [with your consent]; send email to you (and your assistant if one is indicated) to confirm your registration and provide you with updates regarding the event [with your consent]; print your physical badge at the event [for our legitimate interests]; track and administer dietary and physical accommodation requests [with your consent]; review and potentially share your photo, materials, and other information you have authorized us to share with other event participants [with your consent and for our legitimate interests]; send you reports, materials, and updates [with your consent]; contact you about future events [with your consent]; review and respond to feedback, comments, photos, videos, or other information you submit via registration forms or post-event surveys [for our legitimate interests]; administer, safeguard, and improve our event operations [for our legitimate interests].
Event photography and audio or video recordings
We may use, edit, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute photos and audio or video recording for any charitable purpose relating to the event itself or foundation events in general [for our legitimate interests].
Travel/hotel bookings, ground transportation, and expense reimbursement
We may use this information to assist you with travel/hotel bookings, arrange ground transportation, and reimburse certain out-of-pocket expenses [with your consent].
When we share this additional data
Airlines, hotels, and ground transportation companies
If booking travel/hotel or arranging ground transportation for you, we or our service providers may share your personal data with airlines, hotels, and ground transportation companies for that purpose. When we do, neither we nor our service providers will have direct control over that personal data, and the airline, hotel, or ground transportation company may use your personal data in accordance with its privacy policies.
How you can access and control this additional data
You may update your registration information anytime by going directly to your registration account. If you wish to access or correct other personal data, or object to our data processing, please contact us. Please note that neither changes to, or deletion of, such personal data will alter personal data already relied upon or no longer in our control.
Please contact us at the following address, if you wish to make a request:
The Max Foundation
1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 230
Seattle, WA 98105